Stocks Surge on Fed CommentsStocks pushed to session highs as dovish comments from a Federal Reserve Bank president offset mounting worries about Spain's banking system. Brendan Conway...
CBS's Growth Outpaces ViacomWSJ Heard on the Street's Miriam Gottfried visits Mean Street to shed light on how Viacom and CBS, since splitting into two companies...
World Economy: Rough Road AheadWSJ's Sudeep Reddy checks in on Mean Street with the World Bank's dim outlook for global economic stability over the next several years....
Rise in Bond Yields Fan Spain Bailout FearsAn ominous rise in Spanish government bond yields fanned speculation that the country might need a bailout of its own. Matt Phillips reports...
Markets Cautiously Try to Rebound From LossesStocks edged higher, rebounding from sharp losses on Monday, though caution about Spain's debt crisis lingered ahead of a pivotal weekend election in...
Study: Mortgage Deduction Gives Profits to LendersMore than $10 billion a year in U.S. taxpayer subsidies meant to assist house buyers may instead be adding to the profits of...
The World's Next Big IPOMalaysian palm-oil producer Felda Global plans to raise $3.2 billion this month in what's likely to be this year's second-biggest IPO. Leslie Josephs...
U.S. Markets Nervous About Direction of EuropeU.S. stock futures advanced, buoyed by gains in European markets, but caution prevailed given increasing worries about Spain's debt crisis. Paul Vigna has...
J.P. Morgan Knew of Trading RisksSome top J.P. Morgan executives and directors were alerted to risky practices by a team of London-based traders two years before that group's...
Jitters in Europe Hitting Asian MarketsMarkets in Asia refuse to shrug off worries in Europe. The WSJ's Deborah Kan speaks to Hong Kong Digital Editor Jake Lee about...
Stocks to Watch: Reader alert: Coverage of stocks to watch has movedMarketWatch has combined its coverage of the day’s big movers in the premarket and regular stock-market sessions to give readers seamless coverage beginning at 5:30...
Stocks to Watch: DuPont, Nike, KB Home are stocks to watchAmong the companies whose shares are expected to see active trade in Friday’s session are DuPont, Nike, and KB Home.
- Stocks to Watch: Bed Bath & Beyond, GoPro, Nike are stocks to watchAmong the companies whose shares are expected to see active trade in Thursday’s session are Bed Bath & Beyond, GoPro, and Nike.
- Stocks to Watch: Google, Barnes & Noble are stocks to watch WednesdayAmong the companies whose shares are expected to see active trade in Wednesday’s session are Google Inc., and Barnes and Noble Inc.
- Stocks to Watch: Wisconsin Energy, Oracle, GE are stocks to watchWisconsin Energy Corp., Oracle Corp., and General Electric Co. may all see active trading after deals, or talk of deals.
- Stocks to Watch: Stocks to watch: Oracle, Smith & Wesson, Family DollarAmong the companies whose shares are expected to see active trade in Friday’s session are Oracle, Smith & Wesson, and Family Dollar.
- Stocks to Watch: BlackBerry, Oracle, Kroger are stocks to watchAmong the companies whose shares are expected to see active trade in Thursday’s session are BlackBerry, Oracle, and Kroger.
- Stocks to Watch: FedEx, Jabil, Red Hat are stocks to watchAmong the companies whose shares are expected to see active trade in Wednesday’s session are FedEx, Jabil Circuit, and Red Hat.
- Stocks to Watch: Covidien, Medtronic, are stocks to watchAmong the companies whose shares are expected to see active trade in Monday’s session are Covidien, Medtronic and Layne Christensen and Korn/Ferry International.
- Stocks to Watch: Intel, Finisar are Friday’s stocks to watch
2 dead, 4 wounded in high-school shooting near SeattlePolice responded to 911 call from high school in Marysville, Wash.
- Earnings Outlook: What to expect from ConocoPhillips earningsAnalysts polled by FactSet expect ConocoPhillips to report earnings of $1.19 a share, compared with $1.47 a share a year ago
- Futures Movers: Oil futures post fourth weekly loss in a rowCrude-oil prices have fallen as investors remained unsure if a rebound in oil prices can be sustained.
- Earnings Outlook: What to expect from Exxon Mobil earningsInvestors will want to see what Exxon Mobil’s “Plan B” is for production growth, now that oil fields in Russia’s Arctic are off limits.
- Earnings Outlook: What to expect from Chevron earningsChevron executives are expected to address the multiyear lows for oil prices have affected the company when it reports earnings before the bell Friday.
- NewsWatch: Buy Apple and sell Google if you can own only oneThe fortunes of the two companies are heading in different directions, writes Jeff Reeves.
- Earnings Outlook: What to expect from SunPower earningsSunPower Corp. is scheduled to release third-quarter results before the bell on Wednesday, and here’s what investors can expect.
- Earnings Outlook: What to expect from First Solar earningsFirst Solar Inc. is scheduled to report third-quarter earnings on Thursday, and investors will be eager to hear updates on the solar-panel maker and developer’s...
- Earnings Outlook: What to expect from Facebook’s earningsAdvertising revenue will be key to social-media company’s results
- Currencies: Dollar finishes week higher against yenThe dollar finishes the week 1.1% higher against the yen, benefiting from strong economic data out of the U.S. and Europe.
Earnings Outlook: What to look for in Twitter’s earningsMonthly average user growth to get attention from Wall Street with results
- Bond Report: Treasurys mark weekly drop after last week’s ‘flash crash’Treasury prices inch up as investors digest concerns about the Ebola virus after the first reported case in New York.
- European bank stress tests could usher in, well, more stressIt’s hard to see how the latest eurozone stress tests will do anything to fix the eurozone’s devastating depression.
- Bond Report: Treasurys mark weekly drop after last week’s ‘flash crash’
- Earnings Outlook: What to expect from ConocoPhillips earnings
- Stocks to Watch: Bed Bath & Beyond, GoPro, Nike are stocks to watch